The latest project of the Foundation stems from the concerns of the Trustees about the long term, future care of persons with special needs. The Foundation is determined in its effort and envisions the creation of a facility that will replicate lifestyles, loving care and the companionship of like-minded friends, when parents are no more. To ensure the care, safety and happiness of children with special needs, Aashish Foundation is setting up a professionally run and managed home amidst the sylvan locale of Panvel which will provide lifelong care. In addition, educational, vocational, recreational, social and devotional activities and programs will be administered by qualified and supportive staff.
The home will be managed by the parent trustees at no-profit basis and professionally run by a team of dedicated staff including administrators, house mothers, therapists, teachers, and caretakers.
This unique approach to lifelong care along with the comforts of home will accommodate a full range of assisted living services.
- Individual houses for 2-4 participants to foster assisted living. Homes will be specially designed to incorporate adaptive and assistive features to promote independence and dignity.
- A house parent would be assigned for every house to create a supportive and loving homelike environment and if necessary to assist for daily needs like managing schedules, bathing, personal hygiene, medication management, etc.
- Healthy meals to match the residents’ nutritional and dietary requirements.
- Therapeutic facility, skill development centre, guided recreational program and provision for health, religious and emotional well being are being planned.
- Scheduled group trips and periodic holidays.
- Skilled nursing and rehabilitative care.
- In-house service of housekeeping, store, beauty salon, gym, cybercafe.
- And many ongoing family participation programs.
Here’s the progress we have made so far…
- 10 acres of land will be acquired in the sylvan countryside of Panvel in Maharashtra.
- Approximate financial involvement required has been discussed.
- Detailed discussions with Trust Managers regarding management of trust funds are underway.
- Other legal documents are being prepared.
- Interested families can contact Aashish Foundation for more details.